Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Soup time!


My dear Bead Soup Blog Party partner, Vintage Susie, sent me the most wonderful package of treasures.  The soup fixings came in today's mail, and of course I had to open it right away....no delaying gratification for me....especially not where beads are concerned. 

My first peek into the envelope revealed this special wrapping....


And inside....first a collection of beads in turquoise and coppery browns....one of my favorite color combinations....and aren't those little rose beads adorable!?



Then a lovely uniquely shaped copper clasp....and a silvery and white sweet collection....with the cutest little bird nests....



....vintage pearly buttons....lacy medallion...I see a mixed media creation in my future...



...oh....and the best of all....gorgeous pendants made by Susie herself from vintage spoons....so creative!



So now it's time for me started cooking this wonderful soup into some fun new jewelry...

What's that on my face, you ask? Yep,it's a giant grin!!!

3 comments:

VS said...

Wonderful pictures my friend...I'm so glad you like your soup mix!! I loved the little rose beads too, they were the last 2 at the bead store & I even asked if they had more in back...but no luck. Sooooo you have the adorable rose beads to make something MAVELOUS with! :)))
Have fun playin...
Smiles,
Susie

Tina Noonan said...

You know, my muse has been a bit droopy lates, but this fantastic package you sent me has got her dancing and singing again! Definitely having fun now!!!!
--Tina

Tina Noonan said...

Ooops..."lately" not "lates" -- finger-faster-than-brain syndrome strikes again. :-)